To add news here login to MyFireCompanies.com, click the “News” tab and follow the instructions below, to delete this click the news tab, and subcategory “Delete Story”
1. Click “Add News Story”, once click you see the fields, all news stories must have a Headline.
2. Select a category, some sites may have more than one area they update with news stories, that category from home page news is “News”
3. Select a date, a date must always be added, this determines sort order on the page, if you don’t want the date to be displayed check the box labeled “Do not display date in story.
4. Type the content of the story, here you can highlight text and hyper link, bold,
5. After you type the you can determine by choosing a date on how long the story stays at the top of the home page you can also put a date in for it not to display after a certain date, these features are great for advertising upcoming events.
6. Adding photos is the next set of fields you add images by browsing your computer, you’ll be unable to upload .bmp files, you can also add captions to the files. You can upload as many images as you want. (Tip: Keeping you camera settings low on your camera will speed the uploading of images.)
7. The nextfield is to upload word documents (.doc) or Adobe documents (.pdf) when adding these documents a caption must be present (I.E. “Click for application”), then click “Browse” and browse your computer for the documents, additional documents can be added by repeating steps.
8. Click “Submit Story”