A mobile home is a total loss following a fire that investigators believe was sparked by a cigarette butt. The Hinesburg Fire Department responded to the fire at a home on Hillview Terrace a little after 1530 on Saturday. Heavy fire was already seen on the front porch when crews arrived and stray rounds were going off. No one was home at the time. The neighboring home also sustained heavy fire damage. Crews weren’t able to stop it earlier because of ammunition inside the home that caught fire, causing stray rounds to shoot from the home. The fire chief was hit by a round; he sustained a minor injury. Investigators say cigarette butts were found in pine needles under pine shrubs next to the home. They believe that’s how the fire started, The investigation is ongoing.