TYRONE — A home in the Logan Ridge Trailer Park was destroyed in a Wednesday afternoon blaze.
Firefighters were dispatched about 12:30 p.m. to the house on the 300 block of Village Drive, where Brandon Oswald, deputy chief of the Neptune Volunteer Fire Department, said crews were met with heavy brown smoke.
About 30 minutes after firefighters arrived, Oswald said the fire remained hot and firefighters were in the process of trying to cool it down.
No one was inside the house when the fire broke out, he said, adding that the double-wide mobile home was a total loss. The American Red Cross was called to provide assistance to the residents.
Oswald said one firefighter was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. Later Wednesday, he said the firefighter was OK and was expected to be released from the hospital soon.
“It’s hot out, which makes it difficult” to fight fires, he said.
Several fire companies responded to the blaze, and Oswald said because the fire occurred in the daytime, it “makes it hard to get a crew together because that is when people work.”
Other fire departments on scene were Excelsior from Bellwood, Pinecroft, Greenwood and Warrior’s Mark.