Upon arrival, he ended up working on and trying to save his own wife.
In Firefighter Stewart’s case, the kids were home and certainly presumed safe with Mom – until that devastating fire. Our heartfelt condolences and prayers remain for all involved.
In our world as firefighters, it’s unbelievable, but yet, smoke alarms are still missing, not working, missing batteries or whatever in that New York home. Fire personnel said that while the home had smoke alarms, the ongoing investigation has not yet determined if they were working as designed … in a house that did not have a valid rental permit.
So that’s what this column is about – our responsibility for the kids. Our kids, your kids, their kids. It’s about THAT conversation and having dual-purpose smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarms. Everywhere kids may be. Anywhere.
WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO GET ACROSS?!