During a physically challenging part of the training, he indicated he wasn’t feeling real well and sat down and collapsed soon afterward.
Lt Borkin was immediately attended by paramedics but was pronounced dead at the scene about 203- last night. Lt. Borkin was promoted in May to training officer….he was employed by Infinity Telecommunications and is survived by his wife, Stephanie, and a 13-year-old son. Rest in Peace, Lou.
On Wednesday, December 3, 2008 units from the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue were dispatched for the report of a fire at a house located at 4806 Jamestown Road. 3 kids were rescued by firefighters and taken to the hospital. A father and 2 firefighters were injured and were also transported to local hospitals. The children remain at the hospital in and are in critical condition. The father was transported in serious condition to the MedStar Burn Unit, as well. It is believed the fire smoldered and burned undetected for an extended period before being detected by the Nanny. Damage is estimated at $500,000. The family will be displaced. Two family pet dogs also survived, one was temporarily unaccounted for. The house did not have functional smoke alarms at the time of the fire. Due to recent upgrades and remodeling, new wireless and interconnected smoke alarms were in the process of being installed to replace older, hard-wired smoke alarms.