Mid-County Firefighters responded to a mutual aid structure fire in a neighboring jurisdiction.
While conducting fire ground operations during suppression, multiple firefighters on scene received non life threatening electrical shocks from inside the structure. These firefighters were treated and released on scene from the EMS standby.
It was previously transmitted by IC, the power company was on scene earlier and removed the meter prior to these incidents happening.
After the power company was recalled to the scene, they learned of a secondary electrical feed to the home that by-passed the meter, resulting in the structure being energized after the meter had been pulled earlier.
Power companies should ensure there are no secondary feeds to any structure by conducting a 360 of the structure themselves.
During their 360, they could identify hazards out of the ordinary as far as the buildings electricity is concerned.