By Bill Williams, Hudson Valley 360
A family is homeless after fire believed to have started in a chimney broke out Saturday night at their Coxsackie home, Coxsackie Fire Chief Shawn Burdick said Monday.
The family was able to get out of the home safely before firefighters arrived, Burdick said. Family members will be staying with friends while repairs are being made, Burdick said.
One firefighter was injured in fighting the blaze. He was taken to Columbia Memorial Health by Coxsackie Ambulance with minor injuries, Burdick said.
Coxsackie Hose Company No. 3 was sent by Greene County 911 to 33 Fairy Court at Sleepy Hollow Lake at about 10 p.m., after security guards reported the home was on fire.
When firefighters arrived, they reported flames were shooting through the roof and requested mutual-aid assistance from neighboring fire companies, Burdick said.
Interior firefighters went to work and were able to make a good stop of the fire, Burdick said.
Read the full story here.