At 6:49pm, he MIFD was dispatched for a residential structure fire in the Harrisonville section of Mackinac Island. Deputy Chief Rickley was about a block from the address and reported a Electric Bicycle battery had exploded inside the home and he was attempting to mitigate the fire by getting the object out of the home.
A fire extinguisher knocked down most of the fire and 1 line was stretched. After the fire was out M.I. EMS treated one occupant and two firefighters for smoke inhalation. All three individuals were later transported to McClaren Northern Michigan Hospital in Petoskey for further care.
While I have no further info on the occupant, both Firefighter are expected to be released in the morning.