A Pembroke home was destroyed and three people were injured including a firefighter in a fire on Howard Dickerson Road early Saturday morning.
Pembroke Fire Department Chief Nick Belair says the home was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived just before 6 a.m.
Two people were reportedly asleep in the home when they woke up to the home on fire and quickly exited the structure.
Belair says an ambulance was called to the scene due to the people inside the home having some minor burns but they were not transported to the hospital.
A Pembroke firefighter was taken to the hospital after falling 6 to 8 feet but Belair says his injuries are not life-threatening.
Two of the family’s dogs died due to smoke inhalation Belair says the fire was caused by a candle.
Read the full story here.