FROM THE SAN ANTONIO FIRE DEPARTMENT:
We would like to thank the community and fellow public service agencies for the overwhelming support for the San Antonio Fire Department, as we mourn the loss of our brother, Scott Deem. We have been very diligent to respect the family’s wishes in this process and the times and schedule of events has ultimately been structured around their wishes. This letter represents the planned schedule and instructions for persons wishing to attend the events during the funeral for Scott Deem.
Thursday May 25, 2017
· 13:00hrs the apparatus staging area will open at the Alamodome Lot B. There will be washing and detailing stations available until 2200 hrs and apparatus can be parked overnight at that location. Security will be provided.
· 1300 – 2200 hrs check in area will open at the Alamodome parking lot B. When arriving in the city please check in to receive schedule for the events.
· 1800 – 2100 hrs Public Visitation at Porter Loring, 1101 McCullough Ave.
Friday May 26, 2017
· 0600 hrs the apparatus staging area will reopen
· 0730 hrs will be muster time for the Apparatus Procession in parking lot B at the Alamodome. Apparatus arriving after 0730 hrs will not be permitted to participate in the procession. If you will be participating in the procession we will need your information please visit the funeral website listed below for instructions.
· 0900 hrs Apparatus Procession leaves Alamodome Lot B to Community Bible Church. Upon arrival at the church apparatus will be placed in position and a wall of honor will be formed along the marching processional route, indicated by the blue line and arrow on the map.
· 1100 hrs Family Procession leaves Porter Loring, passes Alamo and proceeds to Community Bible Church
· 1200 hrs (approx) Marching procession begins at CBC upon arrival of family procession. A few minutes in delay will occur so personnel can unload for march.
· 1300 hrs (approx) service start time after outside honor events.
The apparatus Staging Area will be located at the Alamodome located at 100 Montana St, San Antonio, TX 78203 Lot B (a map of the area is attached)
The ceremony will take place at Community Bible Church located at 2477 N. Loop 1604 E. San Antonio, Tx 78232
Uniformed public safety personnel in personal vehicles, are asked to use the entrance denoted on the attached map for uniformed personnel. This is the entrance closest to Redland Rd. You are asked to park in what is not marked off for media in Lot A, and as close to Lot A as possible in Lot B. Uniformed members can proceed to take a place in the wall of honor (along the blue line). We are asking that personnel wishing to participate arrive at the location by 11:15.
The Gold Canyon and Sonterra entrances will be used by the general public, non-uniformed public safety and families. There will be signage outside to mark the appropriate entrance.
We encourage public safety personnel and families to carpool to Community Bible Church if possible. We are expecting high attendance for this event and will be using a large portion of the available parking for apparatus and the outdoor portions of the funeral.
All uniformed SAFD members will gather at the March Lineup location, as indicated on the attached map. The procession will follow the blue line on the map and will kick off at approximately 12 noon. Personnel participating in the wall of honor will gather behind the members of SAFD, and proceed to the church as appropriate.
We ask that anyone in uniform be in their departments dress or Class A uniform for this event.
In the Chapel:
There will be designated areas for uniformed public safety personnel that are not with the SAFD. Family members will not be seated in these areas, if you wish to sit with attending family members there will be appropriate seating in the family member or general public sections.
After the Ceremony:
At the family’s request, the burial will be private and by invitation only. At the end of the ceremony all will be asked to rise and honor Scott, the family, and others that will leave for the interment.
Several area hotels have shown their support by offering a discounted rate on rooms for Thursday and limited Friday night stays. These offers are limited and are posted on our funeral website.
Information about the event can be found on the funeral website for public safety departments located at http://www.sanantonio.gov/safd/fduenrm . The site will be updated daily as more information becomes available.
Again, thank you for your support in this trying time and helping us honor Firefighter Scott Deem.