FOUR FDNY FIREFIGHTERS INJURED AT FATAL FIRE STARTED BY LI-ION BATTERIES

Officials said that one man was killed, and 10 others were injured in a house fire that tore through a Queens home late Friday night.

The unidentified man in his 60s died from smoke inhalation and the deadly blaze was sparked by a lithium-ion battery, FDNY Fire Marshals said Saturday.

Heavy flames raced through the second- and third floors of the three-story home at 24-37 89th Street in East Elmhurst shortly after 11 p.m. Friday, the FDNY said.

Firefighters battling the two-alarm blaze discovered the doomed man on the second floor, police said. He was transported to Elmhurst Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Three additional residents: a 57-year-old woman, a 45-year-old man and a 33-year-old man, were also taken to Elmhurst in stable condition, the NYPD said.

Three civilians and four firefighters also suffered minor injuries, officials said. Two firefighters were treated at NY-Presbyterian Hospital, Queens, and two went to Elmhurst Hospital.