NEW HAVEN, CT (WFSB) – A firefighter was injured while helping put out a fire Thursday night.
The fire sparked around 8:30 at home on the 100 block of Huntington Avenue.
A second alarm was called for due to the department’s lack of man power.
Crews were able to contain the flames to just the basement.
However, firefighters had to cut a hole in the residence’s roof in order to properly extinguish the fire.
The home suffered extensive damage.
Fire officials said one firefighter had to be taken to an area hospital for treatment. Their condition is not yet known.
The Red Cross is assisting the occupants of the residence with finding other means of shelter.