This was not my personal incident, but I was standing 3 feet away when it happened. With the recent electrocutions in Philly, I thought it was appropriate. We were operating on a fully involved attached garage fire an a 30 X 60 one story wood frame “ranch” dwelling with fire extending into the attic. The truck company only has 2 members assigned, and my rig, a medic ambulance, is tasked to the truck on all jobs. I am the OV, and my partner is the Irons. The Brothers assigned to the truck were tasked by the I/C to vent the roof. They were so tunnel visioned on the job that one man raised a 20 ft straight ladder while his partner was pre-heating the saws. The member could not see his objective due to smoke. He raised the ladder once, met resistance, twice and met resistance, then a THIRD time and met resistance! The B/C happened to look up and screamed to stop! The member raised the ladder 3 times into the electric service of the house! Thank God the service was totally replaced the day before with brand new insulated wire or we would have had an LODD last year! I just want to pass it along. Our department is a Class 1 department and trains a lot. But pass it along that rookie school is never too far behind. we enjoy your site and read it every week. As a state instructor with the State Fire Academy, we pass on your wisdom to anyone who will listen. Thank you.