A fire in an attached garage in the Kingston Crescent area has firefighters warning Winnipeg residents of block heater safety.
On Friday, Feb. 12, the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) responded to the fire just after 11:00 a.m. in the 200 block of Kingston Row.
Heavy smoke was coming from the garage upon crews arrival. The fire was declared under control at 1:25 p.m. after an offensive attack strategy was used.
All occupants were safely self-evacuated from the home before crews arrived.
One firefighter was injured on scene and was taken to hospital in stable condition.
The fire is believed to be incidental according to preliminary observations at the scene. It began with a vehicle parked inside the garage.