By Jim Sullivan, Newbury Port News
A firefighter was taken to the hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation after a two-alarm fire broke out on Beach Road Thursday night.
Fire Chief Scott Carrigan said his department responded to a report of a house fire at 46 Beach Road at roughly 7 p.m. Thursday.
According to Carrigan, the two and a half story, wood-frame house was under renovation and not occupied when the blaze broke out.
“The first arriving crew found a fire on the first floor with some extension to the second floor,” Carrigan said. “Heavy smoke was showing throughout the structure. They forced entry into the building and made an interior attack and did an excellent job limiting the spread of the fire.
According to Carrigan, one firefighter was taken to the hospital where he was treated for smoke inhalation and released.
“Everyone that was there did an excellent job in limiting fire spread,” Carrigan said. “It took one hour or more to get all of the spaces opened up and get the fire fully extinguished. We had most of the people there released by 10 p.m.”
Read the full story here.