A Clark County firefighter was injured fighting a house fire Wednesday morning when parts of the chimney of the house fell on him. The fire happened at a house on Route 15, which is also known as Ironworks Round. LEX 18 photojournalist Devon Ramage was videotaping the scene when he captured the chimney collapsing. The injured firefighter, whose identity was not released, was inside the house at the time, and was hit in the shoulder. He ran out of the house and fell into the arms of fellow firefighters.
The Clark County fire chief said the injured firefighter seemed to be ok when he was taken away from the scene. “Right now he’s alert, and oriented seems to be in good shape,” said Chief Mac McGever. “He’s talking to us, knew who we were, who he is. Right now the EC crews are going to take care of him transporting him to get him checked out.”McGever said even before the collapse they knew they were dealing with a weak chimney because he, too, was struck by one of the bricks.