SYRACUSE, N.Y. — One firefighter was injured and a family dog was killed after an early-morning fire in Syracuse to a multiple apartment building, according to Syracuse Fire Chief Michael Monds.
The firefighter suffered burns to the arms and was transported to the hospital, who has since been released, Chief Monds said.
The fire broke out at about 1 a.m. Tuesday morning, at 1624 W. Genesee Street in Syracuse.
Chief Monds believes up to 11 people were possibly living in the home. All occupants made it out of the home, but it not known if there were any injuries.
Chief Monds said 40-45 firefighters responded to reports of flames 30-40 feet in the air coming from the attic.
It took crews 90-minutes to put the fire out, according to the Syracuse Fire Department.
They will be at the scene well into early Tuesday morning investigating the scene, Chief Monds said.