Category

STRUCTURAL

FOUR FIREFIGHTERS HOME FROM FATAL FIRE

By WALTER O’BRIEN STAFF WRITER – Courier News Online DUNELLEN Four firefighters injured in Sunday’s fatal Dunellen blaze are all home and doing well. The quick-moving fire that ripped through a house at 239 New Market Road shortly before 1 p.m Sunday and killed Barbara Schaefer, 60, also sent one Dunellen firefighter and three Middlesex...
Read More

NATURAL GAS LEAK CAUSES BUILDING EXPLOSION WITH CREWS ON SCENE

Explosion levels Tuttle ConstructionBob Blake | [email protected] – 01.19.2008 SHAWNEE TOWNSHIP Thick black smoke billowed into the air. Bright orange flames shot 30 feet up. In the midst of the smoke and flames, a local business sat destroyed Friday the front half of the building completely collapsed.A massive explosion at Tuttle Construction, 880 Shawnee Road,...
Read More

PROPANE TANKS STORED IN THE BASEMENT!

ASBURY PARK A house fire on Asbury Avenue displaced five residents and closed the road for several hours on Saturday afternoon, officials said. A fire in a laundry dryer at 1328 Asbury Ave. was reported around 2:30 p.m., according to Asbury Park Fire Inspector Garrett M. Giberson. The blaze, which was mainly in the rear...
Read More

NO BUNKER PANTS DURING RESCUE ATTEMPT = BURNS

Volunteer Fire Dept responds to a 2 story farm house and is paged out as “all occupants out”. I was the first to arrive on scene with our rescue unit. When I pulled in the driveway the homeowner meets me screaming a woman is trapped on the second floor. I put on my bunker coat,...
Read More

ANOTHER SCBA FAILURE!

“SCBA FAILURE LEADS TO TROUBLE ON THE FIREGROUND! Wednesday, January 31, 2007″ a Captain from my township experienced to exact same problem, with the exact same SCBA during a training exercise. The Captain this happened to was training a group of less experienced FF’s when his SCBA as the close call put it “just up...
Read More

PPV SETS SMOLDERING FIRE IN MOTION

We were Called for smoke in the laundry room of a 2 story 4 flat of ordinary construction. Crews arrived with crew (1 chief, 1 lt and 2 FF) and mutual aid to find light smoke coming from a boiler also located in the room. Opened the front of the boiler and found burnt paper...
Read More
1 203 204 205 206 207 239