Firefighters were operating in the back of the building when a collapse occurred, trapping two Firefighters. According to AC Joe Jardin, “A portion of the roof collapsed trapping two of our members initially,” Chief Jardin said at the scene. “They discovered the member under a 20 foot by 20 foot section of wood joisted roof, a heavy section of roof with fire in proximity where the member was trapped.”
Matt Cohoon, 37, Chief of the Green Township FD, was a mystery to doctors when he showed up at MidMichigan Medical Center-Alpena on March 16. A blood test revealed he had cyanide poisoning — a known complication faced by Firefighters as we work in the smoke produced by burning plastics and other household products. His health future is uncertain, and the poisonous gas has taken pieces of his memory.
THE COLERAIN FIRE, REPORTS & VIDEOS:
==HERE is the NIOSH Report: http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/fire/
==HERE is the Colerain Township FD Report, Radio Traffic And Related Details: