Three firefighters were taken to the hospital after a late-night 4-alarm fire at a business in St. Clair Township near Cincinnati. The fire started at a vacant building on Hamilton-Eaton Road that once housed a tool rental company. Witnesses reported seeing several people running from the scene of the business shortly after the fire started. Companies from nine area departments were called in to help battle the fire.
A firefighter from New Miami suffered burns to his face, while two firefighters from Wayne Township inhaled fumes from an exploding battery. All three were taken to Fort Hamilton Hospital for treatment. A St. Clair Township fire official advised that they are also investigating other arson cases in the area in recent weeks.