By Sarah Reese, NWI.com:
One firefighter was hospitalized and another was treated for heat exhaustion Tuesday after a fire tore through a shopping center, destroying a majority of the 10 businesses inside, a fire official said.
Lake Station firefighters were dispatched about 12:30 a.m. to the shopping center in the 2600 block of Central Avenue after a business owner reported fire coming from the roof, Fire Chief Chuck Fazekas said.
The first firefighters to arrive saw flames through the roof and went inside, but had to back out because the roof began to cave in, he said.
Read the full story here.
Photo: Kale Wilke, NWI.com