A firefighter is recovering from an electric shock while crews battled an early morning fire Wednesday. She was taken to the hospital to be treated for non life-threatening injuries and is expected to be fine, a source told KXAN.
She was released from the hospital Wednesday afternoon and AFD says she will be back to work next shift.
The female firefighter was shocked multiple times as she worked around the building. No other crew members were hurt during their response.
AFD reported the fire started at 2:41 a.m. at a vacant house on the corner of South Congress Avenue and East St. Elmo Road. The department says fire crews initially encountered “heavy fire” coming from the house.
Read the full story here.