A firefighter suffered multiple bee stings while responding to a reported swarm outside a Phoenix business on Monday evening, officials said.
The Phoenix Fire Department was called to Speedway Collision, a business in the 2500 block of East Bell Road, for a reported bee swarm, said fire Capt. Reda Bigler. The business owner reported being stung repeatedly as he was closing up the shop, Bigler said.
As firefighters were applying foam to the bees, the engineer operating the pump panel started getting stung, even though he was 100 feet away from the hive, Bigler said.
He returned to his truck, where he began having a severe allergic reaction to the stings, Bigler said.
He was taken to a hospital in stable condition and was expected to be all right, Bigler added.
The condition of the business owner was not immediately available.