By Tim Hahn, Go Erie:
Dara Stover, 52, her husband, Fred, and their family are homeless after their home was heavily damaged in a fire on Tuesday morning. A volunteer firefighter was also injured when a fire broke out in their Fairview Township residence.
The first fire crews to arrive on scene found heavy smoke and fire blowing out of the upper floors of the house, Fairview chief Evan Baker said. It appeared that the fire had been burning for a while before it was noticed because of the heavy smoke and fire upstairs, he said.
One firefighter was injured in fighting the fire and was flown to Pittsburgh for treatment, Baker said.
Read the full story here.