PORT KENT, N.Y. — One firefighter suffered non-life-threatening injuries while battling a house fire in Essex County on Friday afternoon.
The fire they were battling broke out at 20 First St. just after noon when response crews believe it was sparked by a wood stove. It took crews from Keeseville, Peru, Au Sable and South Plattsburgh, fire departments more than two and a half hours to extinguish the flames.
The home sustained extensive damage on its upper levels. Authorities do not believe anyone was home when the fire started.
Neighbors say one of the hom