A firefighter was hospitalized after a southwest Las Vegas Valley strip mall erupted in flames Monday night.
The first of multiple calls reporting the blaze came in at 10:52 p.m. Monday. According to Clark County Fire Department spokesman Jon Klassen, personnel arrived within four minutes at the mall on the 3400 block of Jones Boulevard, near Desert Inn Road, and encountered heavy flames and smoke pouring from a business suite.
The hospitalized firefighter was injured during “fireground operations,” the phase in which a blaze is assessed and a strategy set, the Fire Department said. The unidentified man was taken to a local hospital with survivable injuries. No other injuries were reported.