Friday, February 22, 2013
Two Boston Fire Department workers suffered injuries that are not
believed to be life-threatening when they were working on overhead wires
in Roslindale this morning, fire officials said.
Department spokesman Steve MacDonald said the men were part of a crew
running cables for the street fire box system. One man was shocked; the
other suffered ringing in his ears from a loud boom that happened
during the incident.
The men were taken to Brigham and Women’s Hospital to be treated
after the incident at 11:22 a.m. at Canterbury and Seymour streets in
“One of the men was in a bucket pulling wire and another draping the
wire when it somehow it got energized and the men were shocked,” said
MacDonald. “We don’t how the wires became energized.”
The wires were in close proximity to an overpass for the commuter rail.
He said the fire department was investigating the incident along with NStar and Amtrak, which has electrified wires in the area.
400+ PAGES. 90+ CONTRIBUTORS!
100% of the royalties from the sales of "PASS IT ON" will be donated to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and the Chief Ray Downey Scholarship Fund.
CLICK ABOVE TO ORDER YOUR COPIES TODAY!