Monday, February 18, 2013
The chief of the McLewis Volunteer Fire Department is recovering from an injury
he suffered while battling a fire Saturday night at a three-story apartment
building of the Village Apartments on the Texas Avenue. Chief David
Roberts says a fire engine was laying out a fire hose when a coupling
became stuck on the truck bed. The hose had just been connected to a fire
hydrant. The tension became too much and the hose snapped, sending a 30 pound
coupling at Roberts. He was struck in his left elbow, breaking it in two places.
Roberts is recovering following surgery and expected to be out of
the hospital by Monday night. He is expected to return to work in about three
months. A paramedic was also injured. The fire broke out
around 9 p.m. Saturday night. Everyone inside the apartment building made if out
safely along with a cat that was also rescued. Nine apartment units were damaged
by the fire. Tenants are being assisted by Red Cross.
400+ PAGES. 90+ CONTRIBUTORS!
100% of the royalties from the sales of "PASS IT ON" will be donated to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and the Chief Ray Downey Scholarship Fund.
CLICK ABOVE TO ORDER YOUR COPIES TODAY!