Submit Your Close Call / Near Miss
Monday, December 31, 2012
Two firefighters were injured, one through electric shock, while fighting a fire in Colwyn, Delaware County Sunday night.
The blaze broke out around 6:40 p.m. at a home on the 200 block of Walnut Street. Officials say a Darby firefighter was shocked by an electrical wire, but will be okay He was transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania as a precaution. Another firefighter was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene. Action News spoke with a neighbor, whose home was also affected by the fire. He and his dog were able to make it out unharmed. His wife and children were out at the time. The neighbor says the family in the rowhouse where the fire began was not at home. The fire was placed under control by 8:00 p.m.
Site designed and maintained by