Friday, December 7, 2012
One firefighter was injured during a blaze that occurred at a Roland business early Friday morning.
Roland fire chief James Edwards said assistant fire chief
Phillip Niemann was injured when part of a wall fell while fighting a
blaze at Full Circle Screen Printing located at 812 South Roland Road.
Edwards said Niemann suffered a broken right foot and was taken
to a Fort Smith, Ark., hospital. Edwards said Niemann was treated and
Edwards said his unit was dispatched to the fire at 12:45 a.m. Friday morning.
The fire was under control in about one hour, Edwards said.
There were one or two hot spots detected later on Friday, but were put
The Roland, Muldrow and Liberty Fire Departments responded to the scene several minutes later, Edwards said.
“There was fire on the back side of the building,” Edwards said,
”and smoke was coming from both ends of the gables. The fire was fully
engulfed very quickly.”
Edwards said the Oklahoma State Fire Marshal will not be contacted in connection with the fire.
Edwards said the Roland Fire Department has completed its
investigation into the fire. The fire reportedly started in an area
where operating equipment is used to screen print T-shirts.
In addition to screen-printing T-shirts, Full Circle produced
promotional products, performed monogramming and had several tanning
beds, Edwards said.
The building’s roof caved in and the gables were charred black. It is considered a total loss.
400+ PAGES. 90+ CONTRIBUTORS!
100% of the royalties from the sales of "PASS IT ON" will be donated to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and the Chief Ray Downey Scholarship Fund.
CLICK ABOVE TO ORDER YOUR COPIES TODAY!