KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) – The Kansas City Fire Department had an eventful morning trying to extinguish a house that caught fire while a family was inside on Sunday morning.
It all began at 10:51 a.m. at a house in the 700 block of Bennington Ave.
Police happened to be in the area and saw that the house was on fire, so they checked to make sure no one was inside.
As it turns out, a family was inside watching TV and was not aware of the fire. Luckily, they were able to get out before anyone was injured.
One firefighter had to be taken to the hospital for minor burns on their face and ear.
Red Cross has been called to assist the four adults and three children who lived in the house and have now been displaced.