A firefighter has been rushed to hospital after he was injured while working with members of his team to put out a fire that is now blazing in a section of Princess Street, downtown Kingston.
Reports are that about 3:00 am, persons raised an alarm after they saw smoke coming from a section of a commercial building on Princess Street.
Firefighters were called to the location but not before the fire destroyed several stalls and a section of the building.
Reports are that while battling the blaze, one member of the firefighting team received electrical shocks from a live wire that was found in the building. He was taken to hospital where he is currently receiving treatment.
Meanwhile, after more than eight hours, firefighters are still battling to extinguish the fire.
“The blaze has been brought under control and has been confined to a section of the commercial building,” Horace Thomas, senior deputy superintendent of the Jamaica Fire Brigade told Loop News.