An Iowa firefighter was injured after a gas leak set off an explosion and massive blaze Monday.
The Dubuque Fire Department was called about a gas leak at around 4 p.m., KCRG-TV reports. Work crews were contacted to repair the isolated leak and one home was evacuated.
The leak caused a large explosion that destroyed a home and shook nearby buildings, witnesses told KCRG. An intense fire erupted from the blast, and firefighters worked to put out the flames.
One firefighter was injured in the incident. Details about the extent and nature of the injury were not released.
Crews had the fire extinguished just after 7 a.m. Fire officials believe the leak could have been caused construction work in the area, according to KCRG.