A firefighter was injured Friday morning rescuing a child from a Davenport blaze.
The fire happened around 8:00 at a home in the 1600 block of West 7th Street.
When crews arrived they were told that a two year old boy was trapped on the second floor of the duplex.
One Davenport firefighter was hurt rescuing the child from a second story window. He was treated and released.
The boy was also taken to the hospital for treatment. His condition is unknown at this time.
The fire was caused by food left cooking on a stove.
The child was home alone at the time of the blaze.