By NWF Daily News:
One firefighter was injured Wednesday while fighting a house fire at the 300 block of McCallum Avenue.
The Crestview Fire Department responded to the call at approximately 3:52 p.m., according to a social media post. When crews arrived, the duplex had significant smoke coming from the front interior.
The person living in the home was cooking and left the stove unattended, according to the post. The fire spread from the stove to the cabinets above the stove leading to the attic.
The resident tried to put out the fire and then called for help.
Read the full story here.