A firefighter was injured Sunday while attempting to rescue a cat in Midtown Mobile.
Mobile Fire-Rescue spokesperson Steven Millhouse said a crew went to a home on McPhillips Avenue after a resident asked for help when their cat got stuck behind a stove. Millhouse said the crew was under the impression that electricity to the kitchen had been turned off. But when the firefighter went behind the stove, he was shocked and knocked unconscious.
His fellow firefighters started CPR and rushed him to University Hospital. Millhouse said the firefighter is awake and alert and expected to recover.
The cat also survived.