A fireman was injured while putting out a fire that broke out at a godown in Kurla on Saturday morning. Fire Brigade officials said the blaze raged through the godown where garments were stored at Ansari Compound near Kalpana Cinema. It took two hours to douse the fire.
A Fire Brigade officer said, “We received a call about the fire at 9.14 a.m. on Saturday. We sent five fire tenders, five water tankers and two ambulances to the spot. It was a Level-II fire and was extinguished by 11.31 a.m.”
The fireman, Sunil Raur (48), was admitted to Bhabha Hospital in Kurla. Officials said the injuries were not too serious in nature. Kurla police have registered an Incident Report and are awaiting the Fire Brigade’s report on the cause behind the fire. Prima facie, a short circuit is suspected to have caused the fire.
The police are probing if adequate fire safety precautions were taken by the owner of the godown.