A firefighter with the New Haven Fire Department overdosed on some type of narcotic Saturday while on duty at the Woodward Avenue Fire Station and had to be revived with Narcan, according to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the situation.
Reports are the firefighter was discovered unresponsive inside the firehouse as his colleagues were loading up on Engine 5 to respond to a medical call on Townsend Avenue.
Engine Company 5 had to be taken off of the Townsend Avenue call to treat the suspected overdose.
Fire Chief John Alston personally responded to the Woodward Station incident. News 8 caught up with him Tuesday morning at fire headquarters.
Read the full story here.