By Jamie Leary, CBS Denver
A 33-year-old Berthoud fire investigator is on the road to recovery after a bacterial infection took his leg.
“Sometimes I think we forget that our job can be over in a second and that’s what happened to me,” said Joshua MacDonald from his hospital bed at Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center.
In March of 2016, Macdonald was called to a house fire in east Berthoud.
Berthoud firefighters pulled Cecil Ann Dunfee, 75, from her home. MacDonald was among the first to her side.
“I think about that day everyday.” MacDonald said, fighting back tears.
Read the full story here.