Authorities say a firefighter suffered a burn and a dog is missing after a first-alarm house fire in Chandler.
The Chandler Fire Department was called to the area of Pecos Road and 124th Street after receiving reports of a fire at a home less than a block from the fire station.
Fire crews quickly extinguished the blaze but a section of the roof collapsed during the incident, officials said.
According to a Chandler Fire spokesperson, the homeowner suffered slight smoke inhalation but is expected to be OK.
A firefighter suffered a minor burn injury to his or her wrist during the incident.
The dog escaped during the fire and has not been located.
No word as to how the fire started, but an investigation is ongoing.
Pecos Road is closed eastbound and 124th Street is completely shut down. Drivers are urged to avoid the area until further notice.