Two Ottawa firefighters fell through the floor of a home in Stittsville while battling a blaze on Monday, sparking an emergency rescue operation to pull the pair from the fire.
A spokeswoman with Ottawa Fire Services said the two were part of a rescue inside the home on 24 Snowberry Way between McCuaig Drive and Henry Goulburn Way around 12:30 p.m.
The men were helping pull one of the home’s residents from the fire. The resident, a man who has not been identified, was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
A short while later, the floor of the home gave out, causing two of the firefighters to fall. Emergency crews responded and pulled the pair from the blaze. Crews were continuing to fight the fire as of 2 p.m.
The two firefighters were taken to hospital. They were in stable condition.